Tuesday, October 19, 2004

after surgery

After surgery, I was forbidden to sit for a week because of the strain sitting places on the lower back- I could lie down, I could walk but sitting was strictly verboten. I didn't do much those first few days - ate, slept, read a bit before dozing off again. I was amazingly weak - it seemed that I slept all the time, and even when I was awake there wasn't much I was up for. I was very fragile physically and was terrified of someone bumping into me, or a dog jumping on me - it could have set me back months at that time. This was my first email out after surgery, written standing up in the common room, and preserved in it's original format, typos and all - it was a major effort at the time, no matter how pitiful it looks now.


hey you all -

So, I'm out of the hospital, in room 323 (?) with my mom (to avoid the TV in room 327) walking et al. Appointment with the Dr next monday, and Iexpect tio be cleared to travel then. Chances of making it to Vt are good, chances of making it back to country also.

gotta go -,m

meg